Now I move on to Nancy White’s week, still playing catchup.
The ‘DTLT Today’ recording of a Google+ hangout organised by @giuliaforsythe (thanks for setting this up)
[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/h7MmgtvLMAI width=”480″ height=”299″]
I found this really useful in the explaination of what a ‘Social Artist‘ is. So what do I think it is?
- bringing together
- making connections
- doing the ‘bits inbetween’
- helping people be heard
- helping people have a voice
- the art of hosting
- asking great questions to facilitation continued interaction
- encouraging (e.g. saying ‘what you said is interesting)
- amplifying / adding on / doing something
- allowing others to make sense of what’s going on
- observing & documenting with shape
Also it doesn’t have to be out there in the frontchannel; the backchannel is also important. Making private connections and encouraging – interacting and messaging privately – asking if someone is okay.
I then checked out the slideshare presentation as so many people were saying on Twitter how useful it was.
Now to use the local vernacular, “I could’nt make head nor tail of it”, although a couple of the links were interesting and with all these things I have now discovered the work of Austin Kleon.
Out of time again.